Ore School C.1910
This was the site of the Ore Poor House which closed in 1837 and was then converted into a National Board School for Boys and Girls in 1851. Thirty years later it was demolished and rebuilt in 1885 as the Ore Village School. Around this time there was much unemployment in the area and many children were constantly cold and hungry. In 1906 the new Education (Provision of Meals) Act was passed so that free breakfasts of porridge and skimmed milk could be provided for the poorest children.